Red Carpet Crash, The MungleShow, and BigFanBoy.com present the best place in Dallas to watch the 2010 Academy Awards on Sunday, March 7 – at the Historic Lakewood Theater. We’ll have the biggest night in entertainment on a massive screen, and you’re invited to watch it with us!
The staffs of Red Carpet Crash, The MungleShow and BigFanBoy.com will be there, along with local actors, filmmakers and a few surprise guests. It’ll be a fun night for movie lovers, and you don’t want to miss it!
The 2010 Dallas Oscar Watching Party is brought to you by Lone Star Beer, the National Beer Of Texas; and the Dallas Observer.
Admission is free, with VIP tickets available for $10. VIP ticket holders will receive a badge & lanyard giving them access to the prime seats in the Theatre, one free drink ticket, and complimentary Lone Star Beer through the event. There’s a limited number of VIP tickets available, so reserve yours now at Oscars2010.EventBrite.com!
There’s a red carpet entry for all attendees, with photographers stationed for “paparazzi” shots in front of the Lakewood. It’s not a “black-tie affair,” but you certainly won’t feel out of place if you decide to suit up.
Doors at 5:30 pm, with Red Carpet coverage from the Kodak Theatre on the big screen. The Oscar broadcast begins at 7:00 pm.
Oscar ballots will be handed out to all attending, with prizes awarded for correct guesses on each category. There’s also a Grand Prize for the total number of correct guesses.
The Lakewood Theater, a restored 1938 Art Deco Movie Palace in East Dallas is home to a world of movies, concerts, plays, corporate and private special events, film and music festivals and premieres, community gatherings, and more.
Come find out who will take home the big awards, and perhaps take home some goodies of your own!
UPDATED PRIZE INFO (updated as of March 1, 2010)
Every attendee of the 2010 Dallas Big Gold Statue Awards Watching Party will be given a full Awards ballot, where they can choose who they believe will win each award that night.
The person who gets the most correct guesses* will win a pair of Star Passes for the Dallas International Film Festival. Each pass is valid for:
* One invitation to the Opening Night Gala on April 8, 2010, subject to availability. **
* One invitation to the Closing Night Gala, subject to availability.
* Invitations to select parties during the Festival.
* One DALLAS IFF Swag Bag.
* Access for two people to the Filmmaker Lounge.
* Admission for one person to all Centerpiece Screenings and associated parties, subject to availability. Seating is limited, and RSVP is required.
* Admission for one person with priority seating to all regular film screenings and panel discussions.
* Eligibility to buy additional tickets in advance of public box office opening.
Visit DallasFIlm.org for more information on the 2010 Dallas International Film Festival, coming April 8 – 18.
Prizes will also be awarded for correct guesses in each category (the winner will be drawn from all correct guesses), including:
* “District 9” on Blu-Ray
* “Up” on DVD
* “The Hurt Locker” on DVD
* “Inglourious Basterds” on DVD
* “Coraline” on DVD
* The “Avatar” Soundtrack on CD
* The “Up In The Air” Soundtrack on CD
* The “Inglourious Basterds” Soundtrack on CD
* One pair of two-day passes for the April 24-25 Sci-Fi Expo in Richardson, TX.
* One pair of standard weekend passes for Texas Frightmare Weekend, April 30-May 2.
Thanks to Warner Music Group, the Sci-Fi Expo, and Texas Frightmare Weekend for their participation in making the 2010 Dallas Big Gold Statue Awards Watching Party a bigger smash.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. All 2010 Dallas Big Gold Statue Awards Watching Party attendees 17 years old or older are invited to participate (must be 17 or older to win). Must be present to win. Winners will be randomly selected from correct entries for each Awards category on Sunday, March 7. Winners’ names will be announced from the stage during the Event, and prizes must be claimed on Sunday, March 7 at the Lakewood Theater.
* In the event of a tie, one winner will be drawn at random from the pool of entrants.
** Please note: Dallas International Film Festival Opening Night Gala availability is limited, and attendees must request tickets by March 17, to ensure event attendance.