Fan Expo Dallas start today and goes through Sunday, April 2nd at the Dallas Convention Center in downtown Dallas, TX. They have an amazing line-up of media guests, from comic book creators to movie and television celebrities. We usually do a rather large write-up about the event, but insane weather and power outages kept us from this time around. After the jump, get the lowdown on all the cool stuff happening this weekend at Fan Expo Dallas 2017.
The stars will be big and bright in the Lone Star State’s biggest congregation of comics, sci-fi, horror, anime and gaming fans. The 16th annual FAN EXPO DALLAS returns to Big D at the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center Friday, March 31, through Sunday, April 2, 2017. Headlining the impressive list of pop culture luminaries on hand will be Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill, the living legend Stan Lee, as well as members of the cast of the internationally famous cult movie, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, including actors Tim Curry, Barry Bostwick, Meat Loaf, Patricia Quinn and Nell Campbell.
“We have Norman Reedus, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Ian Somerhalder … I’m just scratching the surface,” said Fan Expo Vice President Andrew Moyes. “We have a great guest list, heaps of attractions, a show floor of over 300,000 square feet of retailers and hours of programming. Everyone will have to come down and see for themselves why it’s going to be such a jampacked, fun weekend.”
Other celebrities attending include This is Us’ Milo Ventimiglia; Doctor Who’s Catherine Tate, Alex Kingston and Karen Gillan; Adam West and Burt Ward, the original Batman and Robin in their final Dallas appearance; and dozens more. The full guest list is available at http://fanexpodallas.com/guests/.
Producing a show of this magnitude is no easy task but it is well worth it. Moyes said, “Honestly, it is truly about the fan experience … our mandate is to deliver the ultimate fan experience. We get the privilege of building a platform for fans to enjoy once-in-a-lifetime experiences like meeting their idol Stan Lee. That’s what truly drives us. At the end of the day, we work day and night to make sure the best possible experience is put together for all of our fans.”
The just released full program schedule is available here and includes the following ticketed celebrity events:
- Mark Hamill- the actor known for playing Luke Skywalker comes for questions and answers on Friday, March 31 at 7:30 p.m.
- The Tim Curry Experience- Fans will have the opportunity to meet Dr. Frank-N-Furter in person on Saturday, April 1 and Sunday, April 2.
- Breakfast with Stan Lee- the legendary comic creator welcomes guests to an intimate breakfast on Saturday, April 1, at 8:30 a.m.
- Batman & the Joker Live- the people behind the voices of the animated Batman series, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, come together in a rare appearance on Sunday, April 2 at 2 p.m.
Other free events throughout the weekend include:
- Celebrity Q&A with Stan Lee on Friday, March 31 at 6 p.m.
- Celebrity Q&A with Spongebob Squarepants Rodger Bumpass on Friday, March 31 at 8 p.m.
- Celebrity Q&A with Doctor Who’s Catherine Tate on Saturday, April 1 at 12 p.m.
- Voice actor live script reading of The Princess Bride on Saturday, April 1 at 2 p.m.
- Celebrity Q&A with John Barrowman on Saturday, April 1 at 5 p.m.
- Celebrity Q&A with Buffy and Angel star James Marsters on Sunday, April 2 at 11 a.m.
- Farewell to Dallas from Batman’s Adam West and Burt Ward on Sunday, April 2 at 12:30 p.m.
- DC Comics: Special Event- a panel featuring Batman writer and artist team Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo with world-renowned comic book artist and DC Publisher Jim Lee on Sunday, April 2 at 1 p.m.
- Celebrity Q&A with the cast of The Rocky Horror Picture Show on Sunday, April 2 at 3 p.m.
- The Walking Dead Duo Norman Reedus and Jeffrey Dean Morgan- Negan and Daryl of The Walking Dead meet face-to-face once again.
FAN EXPO DALLAS runs Friday, March 31, through Sunday, April 2, 2017, at the Dallas Convention Center (Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center) located at 650 S. Griffin St. Tickets are priced from $25-$129.
Hours and information are available at fanexpodallas.com.